Friday, July 2, 2010

POTTER LIVES

Just watched the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie trailer for the...oh, 10th time. I've been obsessed with the Harry Potter world since fifth grade when my teacher first introduced us to the first book. My love and obsession has only grown with the release of new books - I own all 7 plus "The Tales of Beedle the Bard". I stood in line for the midnight release of books 5, 6 and 7 and read each within the first 10 hours directly afterwards. Books 5-7 also made me cry, as did the 5th and 6th movies. The only other thing that comes close to my love for Harry Potter is my love for WoW (I probably squeal just as much reading shaman changes and watching the Cataclysm trailer).

I predict much squealing for the 7th movie. I predict much bawling. I predict I will be both satisfied with this telling of the final chapter in the Harry Potter saga, and also disappointed with the liberties the filmmakers will take (blowing up the Weasley house, anyone?).

I predict I will go to the midnight release and have a mini-freak out session when the lights finally dim and the movie starts.

Also, Twilight can suck it. You'll never be as good as Harry Potter.

Sparkly vampires, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment